Tired of the rat race of the cities and just want to get a way for the weekend to unwind to get refreshed for the next week, think about coming down to Baker’s Motel in Norwich, Ohio. There is alot to do in Muskingum County and area which will not break the bank. City life can be stressful with the hectic pace but down at Baker’s Motel the pace is nice and slow, listed below are a few things you can do to unwind on your getaway weekend down here in the country.
Plan a Getaway Weekend with us!
- Do you like going to auctions, check-out auctionzip.com for weekend auctions down in this neck of the woods and find some good treasures and get some good eats also. Every week end you will find many auctions in the area of which most of them you will find some great treasures.
- Just next door to the motel every other Sunday a local flea market has drive through auctions where local residents brings items to be auctioned off, this is an all day event that you do not want to miss and is a great way to top of the weekend.
- The Zane Grey museum is just across the street from the motel where you can view pottery from the area and find out the history of the National Road and the author Zane Grey.
- Antique Shops are also nearby some within walking distance of the Motel and with summer around the corner you can even rent space and sell your items on the weekend and not have to far to walk.
- New Concord is just 4 miles out the drive and right on the National Road where you will pass the S-bridge as you go into New Concord, while their you can see The John and Annie Glenn Museum on main street and enjoy the laid back lifestyle of the area.
- Close by their are many areas where you can walk, fish and just unwind.
- The Wilds is just minutes away from the motel also and you can enjoy half a day with on of their tours around the animal park, my wife and I really enjoyed our visit to The Wilds and it is definitely worth the time.
- In Zanesville, Ohio you will find many things to see and do also from shopping, food, walking trails and more. Visit the Welcome Center either online or in person to see all that their is to do in the area.
- Just over the hill from the motel is a nice family owned 9 hole golf course also where you can start your day with a short round of golf.
Bring the family for a Getaway Weekend
Plan you next weekend with us at Baker’s Motel we see visitors every weekend from: Columbus, Ohio – Akron, Ohio – Canton, Ohio – Cleveland, Ohio in addition to other cities where people just want to get away for the weekend and enjoy quieter surroundings which you will find right here in Norwich, Ohio.