Norwich Antiques & More
Baker’s Motel now has a nice 1500 square foot antique shop where guests can easily walk to on the property as it is located in the middle building providing easy access from both parts of the motel. Our new antique shop offers many antiques, collectibles, primitives and so much more. All items are neatly organized for you convenience, you can spend alot of time looking over the many items that we carry.
Our new antique shop is appropriately name Norwich Antiques & More, the shop is air-conditioned and quite nice. Travelers and guest alike will enjoy looking through the many antiques, collectibles and more that we carry and are continually updating. Plan a weekend at Baker’s Motel and enjoy the cleanest rooms in Muskingum County offering a step back that no where else can offer as all of the other properties are newer cookie cutter properties and we have almost 80 years satisfying our guests.
Additionally you can view many other antique shops, pottery shops, fleas markets and more with in a mile of the motel, plus the Zane Grey Museum is directly across the street.
Family Traveling – Short on Cash
To make a payment on a balance and not a specific room total use the button below:
- Help Friends or Family
- Just Pay for your Room
- Vehicle Break Down / Pay One Day At A Time
- Short on Cash – Have Family or Friend Pay
- Working in the area – Companies can pay, quick and easy
- Churches paying for traveler – Quick, Safe and Secure
Ohio Scenic Byways
Just saw this great video that Ohio Tourism has developed and thought that I would share it with everyone.
Comparing Lodging Properties
What does Baker’s Motel offer that other local properties do not?
- A quiet country setting, no other property in Guernsey or Muskingum County offers this.
- Large Family Rooms – Our rooms with two beds are the largest in both counties and we have done alot of upgrading on this building also, though we still have the same paneling but what we have updated is the air-conditioning, Flat-screen televisions, most faucets are new, all carpet recently replaced, all painted recently, bed spreads, pillows and linens also are newer.
- Family owned and operated – My wife and I have owned and operated the property for over 30 years.
- Large Antique Shop on premise – No other properties offer this.
- Unlike many properties if you encounter something that does not work we fix it, so you can enjoy you stay unlike most other properties that offer a discount upon leaving. Say you rent a room and the air-conditioning is not working you at the chain you normally get to enjoy the room without ac, not at Baker’s we have spare new units, though most of ours are already newer units.
Fall is over and winter is here, most of the other properties still have their rates to over $100. per night for a one bed room and much higher for larger rooms but at Baker’s you can stay for just under half of that for one bed and probably about half also of what they charge on the two bed rooms. Grant it some of the properties are pretty new but if what you are looking is a clean and updated room with a fridge and microwave, wireless internet, color tv, and a comfortable country setting and rooms that are very quiet then stay with us.
What is new in 2014 at Baker’s Motel?
- Non- Smoking Rooms two bed rooms offer 40″ Flat Screen Tv’s.
- All nightly one bed rooms offer 32″ Flat Screens
- All One bed room extended stay now have new Amana Heater / Air Units
- Curtains all rooms
- All new outdoor furniture around motel
- New Gutters around back of one bed rooms.
- New Glass block windows in all one bed rooms.
- Many updates are back end so you will not really notice.
At Baker’s Motel we are continually updating to make your stay more enjoyable, stop by and enjoy the past in the present.
Tired of the rat race of the cities and just want to get a way for the weekend to unwind to get refreshed for the next week, think about coming down to Baker’s Motel in Norwich, Ohio. There is alot to do in Muskingum County and area which will not break the bank. City life can be stressful with the hectic pace but down at Baker’s Motel the pace is nice and slow, listed below are a few things you can do to unwind on your getaway weekend down here in the country.
Plan a Getaway Weekend with us!
- Do you like going to auctions, check-out auctionzip.com for weekend auctions down in this neck of the woods and find some good treasures and get some good eats also. Every week end you will find many auctions in the area of which most of them you will find some great treasures.
- Just next door to the motel every other Sunday a local flea market has drive through auctions where local residents brings items to be auctioned off, this is an all day event that you do not want to miss and is a great way to top of the weekend.
- The Zane Grey museum is just across the street from the motel where you can view pottery from the area and find out the history of the National Road and the author Zane Grey.
- Antique Shops are also nearby some within walking distance of the Motel and with summer around the corner you can even rent space and sell your items on the weekend and not have to far to walk.
- New Concord is just 4 miles out the drive and right on the National Road where you will pass the S-bridge as you go into New Concord, while their you can see The John and Annie Glenn Museum on main street and enjoy the laid back lifestyle of the area.
- Close by their are many areas where you can walk, fish and just unwind.
- The Wilds is just minutes away from the motel also and you can enjoy half a day with on of their tours around the animal park, my wife and I really enjoyed our visit to The Wilds and it is definitely worth the time.
- In Zanesville, Ohio you will find many things to see and do also from shopping, food, walking trails and more. Visit the Welcome Center either online or in person to see all that their is to do in the area.
- Just over the hill from the motel is a nice family owned 9 hole golf course also where you can start your day with a short round of golf.
Bring the family for a Getaway Weekend
Plan you next weekend with us at Baker’s Motel we see visitors every weekend from: Columbus, Ohio – Akron, Ohio – Canton, Ohio – Cleveland, Ohio in addition to other cities where people just want to get away for the weekend and enjoy quieter surroundings which you will find right here in Norwich, Ohio.