Family Owned and Operated Motel with Antique Shop
Zanesville, Ohio in picturesque Southeastern Ohio. Currently, Gary and Teresa Golden continue the tradition for over 37 years, providing exceptionally clean lodging at affordable prices to travelers. Baker’s Motel is located in the quaint village of Norwich, Ohio. The village is centrally located between two historically significant cities: Zanesville, Ohio and Cambridge, Ohio. At one time, Norwich was an important stagecoach stop on the Zane Trace National Road. Today, original sections of the old Trace can be observed throughout the village. A more complete history of the National Road and of the trailblazers who built the first corridor to the West can be found at the National Road/Zane Grey Museum. The museum is directly across the street from Baker’s Motel.
Clean – Comfortable / Independently Owned Zanesville, Ohio Motel – Hotel
Over the last few of years we have updated our furnishings in all rooms on the property from our large family size rooms to our standard one bed rooms so when you stay with us you will not only enjoy a clean, quiet and comfortable room along with free high speed wireless internet any where on the property. Additionally you will receive the best rooms for the best rates in Muskingum County which includes Zanesville, Ohio, New Concord, Ohio, Dresden, Ohio.
Our Zanesville, Ohio Motel – Hotel offers you The Best Lodging Value
In both Muskingum County or Guernsey County
Zanesville, Ohio Motel / Cambridge, Ohio Motel
Baker’s Motel is the only Zanesville, Ohio hotel – motel that is family owned and operated offering great budget rates with large clean and comfortable rooms that have been recently updated over the last couple years. Zanesville, Ohio is only 10 miles west of the motel by driving either the National Road or interstate 70.
Comparing Lodging Properties
What does Baker’s Motel offer that other local properties do not?
- A quiet country setting, no other property in Guernsey or Muskingum County offers this.
- Large Family Rooms – Our rooms with two beds are the largest in both counties and we have done alot of upgrading on this building also, though we still have the same paneling but what we have updated is the air-conditioning, Flat-screen televisions, most faucets are new, all carpet recently replaced, all painted recently, bed spreads, pillows and linens also are newer.
- Family owned and operated – My wife and I have owned and operated the property for over 30 years.
- Large Antique Shop on premise – No other properties offer this.
- Unlike many properties if you encounter something that does not work we fix it, so you can enjoy you stay unlike most other properties that offer a discount upon leaving. Say you rent a room and the air-conditioning is not working you at the chain you normally get to enjoy the room without ac, not at Baker’s we have spare new units, though most of ours are already newer units.
Fall is over and winter is here, most of the other properties still have their rates to over $100. per night for a one bed room and much higher for larger rooms but at Baker’s you can stay for just under half of that for one bed and probably about half also of what they charge on the two bed rooms. Grant it some of the properties are pretty new but if what you are looking is a clean and updated room with a fridge and microwave, wireless internet, color tv, and a comfortable country setting and rooms that are very quiet then stay with us.
What is new in 2014 at Baker’s Motel?
- Non- Smoking Rooms two bed rooms offer 40″ Flat Screen Tv’s.
- All nightly one bed rooms offer 32″ Flat Screens
- All One bed room extended stay now have new Amana Heater / Air Units
- Curtains all rooms
- All new outdoor furniture around motel
- New Gutters around back of one bed rooms.
- New Glass block windows in all one bed rooms.
- Many updates are back end so you will not really notice.
At Baker’s Motel we are continually updating to make your stay more enjoyable, stop by and enjoy the past in the present.