Busy Updating 2015
We have been busy this past month updating our rooms, this year we have started with our rooms with one bed. Rooms 24 -30 and two bed rooms 49-62 have all been updated with new furniture and beds, all updates are completed for this year.
Of course with all of the updates that we continue to do our guests really like our rooms and always love the wireless connection speeds that they have here. As we do pretty much every year we have been updating all of our linens again in preparation for a busy year.
We have also redone the office this year with new flooring, lights, paint and other updates.
- Office updates
- Added 21 rooms of new furniture, 14 two bed rooms and 7 one bed rooms. Furniture in all but 6 rooms is now new, the remaining 6 rooms the original furniture is in near mint condition so we kept it.
- New beds in most rooms
- New entry lighting in all rooms with 2 beds are now installed.
- New Curtains in all rooms.
- Removed all shower doors in all 2 bed rooms, now all have nice shower curtains.
- Parking lot was resealed, now 3 years old.
- Added many new fridges and microwaves.
All Extended Stay One Bed Rooms – 32″ Flat Screens
Replaced the remaining one bed rooms with 32″ flat screens and the remaining 2 bed rooms with 40″ flat screens, they look and work great. The new wall mounts will enable you to view the tv from anywhere in the room.
We have made so many great updates in 2015 that our guests will definitely enjoy their stay at Baker’s Motel and we look forward to providing you the best value for your dollar at the most historic motel on the National Road serving customers since 1937. Our motel is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week though we do not answer the phone after 11 pm at night as we do have to sleep though when you come in simply ring the doorbell to get a room. March of 2015 will mark the 35th year that my family has owned the motel.