Norwich Antiques & More
Baker’s Motel now has a nice 1500 square foot antique shop where guests can easily walk to on the property as it is located in the middle building providing easy access from both parts of the motel. Our new antique shop offers many antiques, collectibles, primitives and so much more. All items are neatly organized for you convenience, you can spend alot of time looking over the many items that we carry.
Our new antique shop is appropriately name Norwich Antiques & More, the shop is air-conditioned and quite nice. Travelers and guest alike will enjoy looking through the many antiques, collectibles and more that we carry and are continually updating. Plan a weekend at Baker’s Motel and enjoy the cleanest rooms in Muskingum County offering a step back that no where else can offer as all of the other properties are newer cookie cutter properties and we have almost 80 years satisfying our guests.
Additionally you can view many other antique shops, pottery shops, fleas markets and more with in a mile of the motel, plus the Zane Grey Museum is directly across the street.
Family Owned and Operated Motel with Antique Shop
Zanesville, Ohio in picturesque Southeastern Ohio. Currently, Gary and Teresa Golden continue the tradition for over 36 years, providing exceptionally clean lodging at affordable prices to travelers. Baker’s Motel is located in the quaint village of Norwich, Ohio. The village is centrally located between two historically significant cities: Zanesville, Ohio and Cambridge, Ohio. At one time, Norwich was an important stagecoach stop on the Zane Trace National Road. Today, original sections of the old Trace can be observed throughout the village. A more complete history of the National Road and of the trailblazers who built the first corridor to the West can be found at the National Road/Zane Grey Museum. The museum is directly across the street from Baker’s Motel.
Clean – Comfortable / Independently Owned Zanesville, Ohio Motel – Hotel
Over the last few of years we have updated our furnishings in all rooms on the property from our large family size rooms to our standard one bed rooms so when you stay with us you will not only enjoy a clean, quiet and comfortable room along with free high speed wireless internet any where on the property. Additionally you will receive the best rooms for the best rates in Muskingum County which includes Zanesville, Ohio, New Concord, Ohio, Dresden, Ohio.
Our Zanesville, Ohio Motel – Hotel offers you The Best Lodging Value
In both Muskingum County or Guernsey County
Zanesville, Ohio Motel / Cambridge, Ohio Motel
Baker’s Motel is the only Zanesville, Ohio hotel – motel that is family owned and operated offering great budget rates with large clean and comfortable rooms that have been recently updated over the last couple years. Zanesville, Ohio is only 10 miles west of the motel by driving either the National Road or interstate 70.
Ohio National Road
The Ohio National Road Association, the statewide organization, continues to add informational signage along The National
Road. Approximately thirty signs have been placed across the state of Ohio. These signs share history and educational information pertinent to the location where they are placed.
Informational Sign Unveiling
On Sunday, June 1st three of these signs will be unveiled at two locations along The National Road in Muskingum County. A Welcome Sign and a Mile Marker Sign will be unveiled at the National Road-Zane Grey Museum at 2:15 pm with a “Motel” Sign unveiling following at 2:45 pm. at Baker’s Motel located across the road from the museum. Baker’s Motel was selected as the perfect location for the “Motel” sign which shares photographs of early transportation and motel signage as well as the history of development of these accommodations from the early 1900’s. There were “mom and pop” motels located all along Route 40 in all sizes. Many of these such as Baker’s Motel remain along older highways today.
We invite you to attend the ceremony to dedicate these signs.
For Immediate Release
Mary Ellen Weingartner, Vice President
Ohio National Road Association
Tired of the rat race of the cities and just want to get a way for the weekend to unwind to get refreshed for the next week, think about coming down to Baker’s Motel in Norwich, Ohio. There is alot to do in Muskingum County and area which will not break the bank. City life can be stressful with the hectic pace but down at Baker’s Motel the pace is nice and slow, listed below are a few things you can do to unwind on your getaway weekend down here in the country.
Plan a Getaway Weekend with us!
- Do you like going to auctions, check-out auctionzip.com for weekend auctions down in this neck of the woods and find some good treasures and get some good eats also. Every week end you will find many auctions in the area of which most of them you will find some great treasures.
- Just next door to the motel every other Sunday a local flea market has drive through auctions where local residents brings items to be auctioned off, this is an all day event that you do not want to miss and is a great way to top of the weekend.
- The Zane Grey museum is just across the street from the motel where you can view pottery from the area and find out the history of the National Road and the author Zane Grey.
- Antique Shops are also nearby some within walking distance of the Motel and with summer around the corner you can even rent space and sell your items on the weekend and not have to far to walk.
- New Concord is just 4 miles out the drive and right on the National Road where you will pass the S-bridge as you go into New Concord, while their you can see The John and Annie Glenn Museum on main street and enjoy the laid back lifestyle of the area.
- Close by their are many areas where you can walk, fish and just unwind.
- The Wilds is just minutes away from the motel also and you can enjoy half a day with on of their tours around the animal park, my wife and I really enjoyed our visit to The Wilds and it is definitely worth the time.
- In Zanesville, Ohio you will find many things to see and do also from shopping, food, walking trails and more. Visit the Welcome Center either online or in person to see all that their is to do in the area.
- Just over the hill from the motel is a nice family owned 9 hole golf course also where you can start your day with a short round of golf.
Bring the family for a Getaway Weekend
Plan you next weekend with us at Baker’s Motel we see visitors every weekend from: Columbus, Ohio – Akron, Ohio – Canton, Ohio – Cleveland, Ohio in addition to other cities where people just want to get away for the weekend and enjoy quieter surroundings which you will find right here in Norwich, Ohio.